3D printing is the new disruptive industry in manufacturing and will revolutionize the way we will practice digital dentistry in the near future. This lecture is an introduction to understanding all aspects of the 3D printing process in the dental clinic and dental laboratory.
Techniques for 3D printing, the use of the different printers, overview of available materials for 3D printing, post-processing the 3D prints (wash and cure) and the review of clinical cases on how the 3D printed guides are currently used for the guided implant surgery, digital dentures, diagnostic models, smile design, temporary and permanent veneers, crowns and bridges and implant-supported prosthetics will all be discussed.
As learning objectives, at the end of the presentation the participant will know about:
- The applications of intra-Oral scanning (IOS).
- Learn how to use the IOS.
- Learn all the possibilities of IOS: case setup, scanning strategy, scanning of models.
- Learn how to combine the CBCT and DICOMS with 3D printing technology.
- Learn the use of IOS for all the possible applications in general dentistry from 3D printed models, surgical guides, occlusal guard, printed dentures to crown and temporary applications.