This course will cover the latest pulp therapy techniques in primary teeth and the use of new dental restorative materials in Pediatric Dentistry. The topic of pulp therapy will include Biodentine pulpotomies, Cvek pulpotomies for dental trauma, indirect pulp caps with GIC, and the Hall Technique. The restorative component will discuss new composites and their use in the Slot Prep, SDF (Silver Diamine Fluoride), and when to use SDF for SMART (Silver Modified Atraumatic Restorative Technique).
- List and describe the steps and indications for a Biodentine pulpotomy
- Know the indications, contraindications, and the steps for an indirect pulp cap
- Describe the steps for a Slot Prep using GIC and new restorative materials
- List and describe the steps of the Hall technique
- Describe the indications and the steps for Silver Diamine Fluoride and when to use the SMART Technique
Learning Goals for the attendees:
- Learn the indications and the steps for an MTA/Biodentine pulpotomy
- Learn the indications and the steps for a GIC indirect pulp cap
- Learn the indications for a Slot Prep and use new restorative materials for the open and closed sandwich technique in primary and permanent teeth.
- Learn when to use the Hall technique in primary teeth
- Learn the advantages of SDF and when to use only SDF and when to incorporate the SMART technique
In the Hands-on part of the course:
- Attendees will do a Biodentine pulpotomy on dentoform teeth with ‘pulps’
- Attendees will do a slot prep on dentoform teeth and restore it with new composites using the Garrison Matrix System