Maintaining passion about restorative procedures can be a challenge. Direct resin restorations are the cornerstone of a restorative dental practice due to their frequency. These restorations are also a point of pressure for the dentist due to financial factors and time related to the complexity of the process. New advancements in resin and photopolymerization technology allow us to simplify these procedures without compromising quality.
- Understand proper adhesion protocols and application techniques
- Understand new restorative systems to increase office efficiency
- Become knowledgeable about current state-of-the-art polymerization technologies
- Create a predictable formula for a polychromatic direct restoration
- Understand the concepts of stratification and the effects of light refraction related to tooth form, surface finish and translucency
- Learn proper polishing techniques to achieve optimum anatomy and esthetics