Ultrasonics and lasers are some of the best in-office technologies that are available to dentists and dental hygienists. Combined with a strong home care prescription, they become the perfect pair for treating periodontal disease.
Unite the strengths of ultrasonics and lasers to create a simple workflow. This course will highlight information related to bacterial load reduction, bacteremia, tissue healing, access to periodontal pockets and how to reinforce in-office treatment with a daily regimen at home.
Clinicians who are current users of ultrasonics and/or lasers or those who are curious about future integration will benefit from this session.
Learning objectives that will be covered:
- Describe how the soft-tissue diode laser can be used as an adjunct to ultrasonic debridement to obtain and maintain optimal oral health outcomes.
- Explain how the specific wavelengths of the diode laser can reduce the bacterial load, delay the recolonization period, and promote tissue healing.
- Discuss the mechanical and microbiological impact that ultrasonics bring to periodontal debridement and understand how to optimize these advantages.
- Explore an evidence-based, guided approach to the removal and reformation of biofilm.
- Identify the new, advanced technology options that are available for client-specific home care.